Tuesday 17 December 2019

SLJ day 1 Activity 1: Setting Sail

HI BLOGGERS !!!!

Today the SLJ(summer learning journey) is starting today.


People from Pacific nations have always been expert explorers and navigators. In the past, they used the stars, sun and ocean swells to find their way (navigate) around the Pacific Ocean. Master navigator, Nainoa Thompson, has used the ancient Polynesian wayfinding skills to navigate around the world. In 2013, Nainoa led a crew across the Pacific Ocean on two large canoes (Hokulea and Hikianalia). The crew stopped off in Aotearoa, New Zealand in 2015 on their journey and visited the Manaiakalani Schools in Auckland.


If I was on a boat I would bring and remember there are no freezer  and I will bring:Bread, ham, dry food , fruit, rice, chocolate, veg, water, can food and chips.
I chose these food because they do not roten .

blog you later!! 

2 comments:

  1. Talofa Peter,

    I am Kueni and I’m working as a blog commenter on the Summer Learning Journey this summer working with the Ako Hiko cluster. I’m looking forward to reading your posts and the other bloggers' posts from the Ako Hiko cluster, over the next few weeks!

    Thank you so much for giving such an awesome post about your list of 10 foods you would take with you on an ocean voyage with Pacific navigator, Nainoa. I like how at the beginning of your blog post you have shared a little insight of your enthusiasm towards the summer programme.

    Have you ever been on a boat or vessel like the ones that Nainoa did some of voyaging on? If so, I would love to hear of any stories you have about this :)

    I hope that you will keep blogging with us over the summer.


    Kueni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter.
    I very like your blog post.
    Hope you do more SLJ so I can read them every weekend.
    If you want to see my blog here it is.
    https://wpsizumim.blogspot.com/
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.